Questions & Answers
I’m trying to use “Family Sharing” for Ulysses, but it does not recognize the subscription on my family member’s device.
Family Sharing for subscriptions requires at least macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 or iOS 14.2, older OS versions do not support this feature. For new subscriptions, Family Sharing should be activated automatically. However, if you’ve already been a subscriber, you’re likely to have to turn it on manually. First, please make sure Apple’s Family Sharing feauture is activated for purchased apps:
If that’s the case, please check if your Ulysses subscription has already been shared with your family. Here’s how it’s done:
- Open the App Store and click on your name in the bottom-left corner.
- Select “View Information” top right to open the “Account Information” overlay.
- Scroll down to the Manage section and click on the Manage link next to “Subscriptions...”, on the right side.
- In the subscriptions overlay, select Edit next to Ulysses.
- Now you can finally check the box “Share with family”
On iPad or iPhone:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on the topmost entry to open your Apple ID settings.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Select Ulysses.
- Toggle “Share with family”.
Please be aware that a family member needs to download Ulysses on the same platform where the subscription was purchased, e.g., if you subscribed to Ulysses on a Mac, your spouse, sister or mother-in-law will have to download Ulysses on a Mac to get access to the shared subscription. If Ulysses is still not detecting your shared subscription, please don't hesitate to contact our support team via email@example.com