Smart Copy and Paste
In short, Smart Paste allows you to
- convert from Markdown or HTML code,
- convert from Rich Text formatted text,
- strip out all tags by pasting as Plain Text,
- add code examples by pasting as Code Block, and
- paste code as Raw Source.
On iOS, select the text you wish to add to your website. Tap “Action…” on the menu, select “Copy…” and then “As HTML”. Paste the text into your website/editor.
On Mac, simply make use of the "Copy as › HTML" command in the Edit menu.
If you work on Mac or with a keyboard attached to your iPad or iPhone, you can speed things up with the following shortcuts:
- ⇧⌘C (shift-cmd-C) to open the smart copy options menu
- ⌥⌘C (alt-cmd-C) to copy selected text as Markdown
- ⇧⌘V (shift-cmd-V) to open the smart paste options menu
- ⌥⌘V (alt-cmd-V) to paste text as Markdown